Tuesday 17 July 2012

Another year passes!

I am confused! If you had asked me last year about my family situation, I would have replied that I have a three year old daughter, a baby on the way and a lovely, recently moved into house. Ask me the same question today and I have a seven and a half year old daughter, a four and a half year old wrecking crew, a house with peeling wall paper and a reality gap of nearly five years!

C'mon Big school!
Where does time go. Fenella and Freddie are about to break up. In September one moves into Year Three and the other starts Big School. He can't wait. Tors and I are in two minds. He needs a longer day, a more formal structure to it, with concentrated learning. That said, I did find it strange, almost emotional, when I was shopping for his new uniform. I only bought two pairs of grey shorts, but at that moment, they became a sign of childhood lost, of innocence passing. My little boy is growing up. Big school beckons and I know that he won't look back. He will grab every moment and get so much out of it. He probably won't even turn around as he walks in to his classroom for the first time. It will finish me off, but at least Tors will support me. Who will support her is another matter!

We now have the prospect of a long summer holiday, normally the last week of term would be a wonderful time, planning all the lovely things we would do in the glorious sunshine. I think I need to enlist the help of anyone from Cherrapunjee, India. On average they have 498 inches of rainfall a year! England suddenly doesn't feel quite so bad. But, leaving the poor Cherrapunjee's out of it, we are still in for a wet old summer. Maybe the seasons will reverse themselves and I can barbecue the turkey this year!

The family jewellery box!!
We have decided to stay in England this year. We are going to spend a few days in Cornwall and a few in London, I know, I know, mad with the Olympics going on, however I am hoping the fortnight between the two games will be just bonkers rather than insane in London. It is time to inject some culture into my children and show them museums, galleries and the sights. We may well even take in the Tower of London. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

You win, again.
No doubt during the prolonged periods of guessing which raindrop will get to the bottom of the window first, we will be doing lots and lots of cooking. I will let you all know how it goes once it has gone!



Have a great week, summer and break.

No comments:

Post a Comment